Web Links and
School Health Links
Want to know more about specific initiatives under way in other jurisdictions? Follow the links below for up to date information on school health promotion and related activities across Canada and around the world.
JCSH Member Sites
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island (Lead Province)
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Public Health Agency of Canada
National Websites & Resources
- About Kids Health :Trusted answers from The Hospital for Sick Children.
- Canadian Education Association (CEA) is a network of passionate educators advancing ideas for greater student and teacher engagement in public education.
- Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC) : is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada's cancer control strategy.
- Canadian Teachers' Federation (CTF) :is a national alliance of provincial and territorial teacher organizations that represent nearly 200,000 elementary and secondary school teachers across Canada. CTF is also a member of the international body of teachers, Education International (www.ei-ie.org).
- Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance of Canada (CDPAC) : is a network of national organizations who share a common vision for an integrated system of research, surveillance, policies, and programs for maintaining health and prevention of chronic disease in Canada.
- Health Canada :Health Canada is the Federal department responsible for helping Canadians maintain and improve their health, while respecting individual choices and circumstances.
- ParticipACTION: is a national not-for-profit organization solely dedicated to inspiring and supporting active living and sport participation for Canadians.
- Physical and Health Education (PHE) Canada: We strive to achieve our vision by supporting schools in becoming "Health Promoting Schools", that include the provision of Quality Daily Physical Education and fostering healthy school communities. We support schools through a range of programs, resources and initiatives.
- Promoting Relationships and Eliminating Violence Network (PREVNet) :is a coalition of Canadians concerned about bullying. The primary goal of PREVNet is to translate and exchange knowledge about bullying to enhance awareness, to provide assessment and intervention tools, and to promote policy related to the problems of bullying.
International Websites & Resources
- Australia Health Promoting Schools Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Division of Adolescent and School Health)
- New Zealand Health Promoting Schools Association
- PAHO Network of Health Promoting Schools
- Schools for Health in Europe (SHE) Network
- Scotland Health Promoting Schools Program
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- World Health Organization (Global School Health Program)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coordinated School Health
Schools for Health in Europe (SHE) Network - School health promotion: evidence for effective action & Manual for School Health Promotion
CCSA (Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse)
Cross Canada Report on Student Alcohol and Drug Use, Technical Report (2011)
When Eating Disorders and Substance Abuse Problems Collide, developed in partnership with the National Eating Disorders Information Centre
When Mental Health and Youth Substance Abuse Problems Collide, developed in partnership with the Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health